Welcome to the Epfo & UAN Member Portal Awareness portal. Clarify all the all questions with detailed articles on the portal. epf balance enquiry, reset forgot the uan password. uan status, registration pf transfer, and withdrawal including pf claim status. employers also know how to make payment register new member etc at employer uan portal.
What is EPF?
Every month a small part of the salary of the employee is transferred to the EPF or Employment provident fund. EPF is a government organization which was created to save up for the retirement of the employees. This is a compulsory scheme in which employee, as well as the employer, has to make some compulsory investment in the scheme. EPF scheme is regulated by Employee Provident Fund Organization or EPFO.
As per the rules of the scheme, an employee has to put 12% of the salary amount in the EPF and the employer has to match the same contributions. 12% of the salary will include Basic salary as well as Dearness Allowances. With the help of the contribution from your employer, you can make sure that you get the best returns for your investment in the later stages of your working. This contribution can make sure that you have the best retirement plan in place which can make sure that you get the best way to secure your future.
- pf contributions is mandatory for below 15000 monthly salary employees.
- The company that holds to 2o employees registering with epfo mandatory.
PF Contribution 24% of employee basic salary (emplyoee12+12-> employer) with some charges paid by the employer.
There are three Types of the Scheme Offered by EPFO India,
- EPF – Employee Provident Fund scheme (12% + 8.3%)
- EPS –Employee Pension Scheme. (3.6%)
- EDLIS (Employee Linked Insurance Scheme) (0.5%).
TDS Deduction on EPFO
The employees, those who have been participating towards EPF account from their earning, may require withdrawing an amount after leaving the work. In addition, if the worker withdraws EPF amount on or else later five years as well as the entire withdrawal is lower than fifty thousand INR, and then there will be no TDS deduction on that Cash. However, if the worker withdraws EPF amount earlier five years after the amount is equal to otherwise greater than fifty thousand then the TDS will be surely deducted at the source.
- So below 50,000 withdrawal no TDS as on 5/30/2016 in the term early 5 years.
- Early 5 years withdrawals are fully taxable as per IT section 80 C. IF PAN not submitted tax rate is 34.6%, if Pan submitted then 10% of the Tax.
- IF 15G or 15H Submitted No tax will be deducted. 15G (below 60 years) 15H (60+ years) available at income tax portal.
- After 5 Years No TDS.
- Employee Provident Fund is exempted from TDS (2016 budget issue)
how much of percentage of Pf deduction on monthly salary?
Ans: for only EPF Scheme 12% from basic salary for the employee.
Employee and employer contribution to PF Amount
- 12% (8.33% Epf + 3.67 EPS) from employer epf scheme & pension scheme,
- 3.6% of employer share for Employee Pension Scheme,
- Government 1.1 to 6% of total wages from September 2014,
- employee deposit linked insurance scheme: employee contribution 0.5% from total wages insurance benefit up to 3,60,000.
The Epf contribution will not exceed 15,000 INR Per month.
PF balance withdrawal limits:
- Employee pension Fund can available after completion 9.6 years of service and 58 years age.
- TDS On early 5 years withdrawals, Not allowed to withdraw full pf amount (only your contribution with interest).
loan against pf balance & interest rate
- You can take the loan from following cases education, marriage, Home / Plot (buy or renovate), To pay existing home repayment you have to wait minimum 10 years.
- For obtaining the Loan you have to complete 5 years of service.
- you can 24times loan amount based on your (basic salary and DA).
epfo interest rate this year
All the contributions which are made into the EPFO grow with a fixed rate of interest. The rate of interest for all the investments made in EPF is fixed by the government annually. The rate of interest of EPF for the financial year 2015-16 was set at 8.8% every year.
Note: The Interest rate on PF balance as per 2016-17 financial year is 8.75% / Year. better than saving & Fixed deposit account.
AY 2018-19 PF interest is 8.5%.
AY 2017-18 -> 8.7%.
The growth which is provided to the investors is because the EPFO invests the entire amount in fixed income instruments. By investing in Fixed Income Investment such as state and central government bonds, fixed deposits in banks, and also in bonds which are issued by public sector companies there is the complete security of the investment. Along with complete security, the return from the investment is also guaranteed. In the past few years, the importance of EPF investment has increased a lot. The main reason for the increase is the fact that until a few years back there was pension which was provided to the central as well state government employees. Over the last many years all these things have changed as the government does not offer pension now. People are very much dependent upon the money which they are receiving from EPF and are thus even increasing the investment in their EPF account.
How much EPF fund investing in Stocks?
There has been one major problem which has been closely associated with EPFO. To keep the money safe EPFO has always followed a very conversational approach for investment. Because of this method, the total growth to the amount is not as expected. Most of the times the amount received are not enough to best the current inflation. For many years experts have termed that as the investments made in EPF is long term, it would be better if the investment is made into equity. Keeping this demand in mind, EPFO has decided to start investing in equity. 5% of the total investment is going to be made in equity from August 2015.
EPFO has also started investing in the Exchange Traded Funds. The ETF investments in various assets such as bonds, commodities and stocks can provide better returns on the investments. Most of the ETF can track the index just like bond index or stock index. All these money is called as passively managed funds which can make sure that all the returns which come from these funds can be mirrored in the indexes which they follow.
There are many people who are not of the opinion similar to the EPF funds which are getting invested in the equities. As EPF is the retirement fund, they believe that these funds should not be invested in the equities as there is a risk followed by these investments. But as these investments are done for 5 to 7 years, investing in equity can help in providing better returns.
Employee Pension scheme was launched in the year 1995 and out of the total contribution of the employee, which is 12%,8% goes into the EPS (Maximum of Rs. 541).
The pension which one receives is subject to the number of service and average of salary which the person draws before retirement. The maximum limit to the pension is set up at 3500 P.M. There is also a provision where you can get lump sum amount from EPS along with your PF amount. There are many benefits of EPF schemes here are some of the top benefits.
epf scheme Insurance benefits
One of the biggest hidden benefits of EPF is that along with the retirement benefits it can also Insure you for your life. According to the EDLI scheme, any company which is not providing group insurance scheme has to provide 0.5% of the monthly salary which acts as the monthly premium for the insurance coverage.
EPF for special occasions
At times in life, there are special occasions or emergencies when you need some extra funds. During such times EPF can be very handy as it can provide you, family, a chance to withdraw a certain amount of money when you need to maintain some special conditions. Here are some of the situations in which you can withdraw the amount.
epfo Marriage or Education
If you need funds for the marriage of your child or for their education then EPF allows you to withdraw 50% of the fund as a contribution. Along with this, you can also take this benefit three times in your life, the only condition is that you need to be in service for 7 years. To get the money you are supposed to provide valid documents and proof of marriage or the fees which are payable.
- Getting a house
You can also withdraw EPF amount for the purpose of construction, maintenance and repair for housing loan and repayment. You can also use 3 months wages from the EPF balance for which you need to provide a proof of 10 years of service. You can also withdraw about 12 months of wages at one if you want to do the repairing and alteration of your house.
- Medical emergency
EPF can also be used for the purpose of money for surgical operations. You can withdraw money for leprosy, TB, Cancer, heart issue, paralysis and mental derangement. For medical issues, you can withdraw six times your salary.
find all EPFO services and online facilities for EPFO employees and employers. The latest news about epfo Scheme, employee provident fund scheme India eligibility interest rates etc.
About EPFO Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
EPFO Formed by the act of 1952 It’s maintains by CBT central board of trustees.employee provident fund organization Comes under Ministry of labor and employment. EPF ordinance passed in 1951, formed by employee provident fund provisions act 1952. EPF scheme not applicable for J&K.
Origin of Employee provident fund Organization EPFO
government of India decided to provide Assistance to the workers or employees in unemployment, illness, Disability and Old age. This is the main reasons for bringing the employee provident fund organization 1952 act.
EPF Organization Authorities hierarchy level
EPF offices located in every state and regional sub-office located in every city town in India. EPFO head office established in Delhi. Additional Central Provident Fund Commissioner takes care of One state employee provident fund organization offices related issues & workflow. Regional offices handled by Regional Provident Fund Commissioners (RPFC) Grade I, Sub-regional offices by Regional Provident Fund Commissioners (RPFC) Grade III. All above officers assisted by Assistant Provident Fund Commissioners and another field officer works with the Local establishment and local EPF offices called as Enforcement Officer.
Total EPFO Funds as on March 31/2016 8.6 lakh crores. in USD $130 Billion. Now employee provident fund organization have decided invest in stock market about 15%. Now employee provident fund organization announced investment 2,800 crores in Central Public Sector Enterprises exchange-traded fund (CPSE-ETF).
employee provident fund organization Schemes:
- EPF Employee provident fund scheme,
- EPS employee pension scheme,
- EDLI: Employee deposit linked insurance scheme.
EPFO Withdrawal forms:
Form 19 for PF Transfer /withdrawal
FORM 10 C for pensions withdraw
EPFO Services For employees
employers Role in EPFO
According to the employee provident fund organization 1952 act, the establishment which has more than 20 or employees have to contribute in EPF scheme.
Almost all employer activities related to EPFO done by online. employee provident fund organization Launched new UAN employer portal for establishments to make their regular activities like following below.
New Members registration or pf account generation, Establishment registration with employee provident fund organization (digital signatures are compulsory), EPF payment, UAN Login creation for members, Approving PF transfer and withdrawal made by the employee either offline or online at member claims portal etc.
Registering an Establishment with EPFO
Now employers can register with EFPO on OLRE portal (Online register establishments). PF Codes for establishment allocated online. for any queries regarding employer issues a toll-free number available on EPF portal 1800 118 005 but this works only on working days between 9AM-5PM. Digital certificates and PAN Number of employer required for EPF Registration.
Employers are fall under 3 categories according to the EPF act 1952. Employers who already have pf code, Employers comes under the provision of act 1952. Some employers don’t fall in the epfo act but they volunteered to join epfo.
UAN Portal Services for Employers
Employers can access all the UAN Members details on EPF portal. But employers have to sign in with the required credentials like establishment code, extension and the mobile which is registered on ECR 2.0 Portal. Then verify mobile by OTP to access the UAN member details online.
EPF Payment by Employer: EPF India using SBI EPF payment service for employer contributions every month. if you don’t know exactly how to make EPF payment let check it on epf payment page. Employers can pay debit/ credit card any national bank in India.
EPFO UAN Services
UAN Number launched by PM Modi on 2014 October. UAN Number acts as the umbrella for employees. with help of UAN, We can withdraw money online. No transfer requested because it automatically transferred. employees can manage multiple pf accounts with one UAN number.
employee provident fund organization Regional websites & Offices
Latest EPFO news: Now employee provident fund organization only accepts employer contribution if the UAN Number linked to the PF number. SO UAN Is mandatory for withdrawal and contribution.
EPF Withdrawal rules
- The Employee can only withdraw full amount if he crossed 58 years.
- The employee can withdraw without employer consent by attaching gazetted office sign.
There is no PF account without UAN number.
Employee enrollment campaign starts from January 1st, 2017 to March 31st, 2017. This scheme encourages employees who were entitled to membership between 2009 to 2016. but not joined till enrolled with employee provident fund organization.
EPf Balance Enquiry @ epfo Portal
This is the old way to check pf balance online before 2014 onwards. for enquiring epf balance, members have to visit the epf balance Portal. But now it may not available at this time.
- Select Pf Office for this members has to select the State, city, Regional Pf Office.
- Enter The PF Account Number. If the establishment code is available then leave it blank. you can also search for establishment code at epfo Portal.
- Enter Name and Date of Birth and Registered Mobile Number and click on Submit.
within few Minutes you will get epf balance details to To Mobile Number.
PF balance check with UAN No
Generally 3 ways we can check pf balance by uan number
- By Missed call
- By SMS
- Downloading UAN / epf passbook online.
- members also check pf balance with epf mobile app.
EPF Passbook download by UAN Number
This is the Most Popular and convenient way to know epf balance and pf account statement details.
- Visit the Pf passbook portal https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in
- Enter You UAN Number and Password to login to Access UAn passbook.
- Download the epf passbook and know your Epf balance along with Pension amount.
UAN Activation & UAN Member Portal Registration
Before uan Activation, members have to know their UAN Number by Pf Number. for this member may opt for UAN status or contacting Employer.
We can register on UAN Member Portal by different ways. No UAN Number needed for registration.
Required details for UAN Portal Registration
- Aadhaar Number
- Pan Number
- EPF Number
- UAN Number
Anyone of the above details. And following details are mandatory to match with the member data in epfo Portal.
- Member Name & surname
- Father / Husband name
- Registered Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
Once UAN Registration (Set password) is completed login and get services mentioned below.
- view the passbook.
- edit Profile,
- Update KYC
to know complete uan registration do check this out UAn Activation.
Ways 2 Know UAN Number
- Contacting employer
- checking on Salary Slip,
- Know uan Number with Pf Number online.
- Know UAN Number at UAN Portal with aadhar, pan Number by UAN status
EPfo UAn Helpdesk customer care
Toll-free: 1800118005 (9:15 AM to 5:45 PM) click here to find the solution with the epfo helpdesk.
The Top 10 Rules of EPFO 2018 budget
- 1. pf withdrawal can only possible only after 2 months of unemployment.
- 2. if employee contributed pf more than 5 years there is no tax.
- 3.if old employer pf account transferred to new employer considered as continuous employment.\
- 4.if the employee had left his employment due to following reasons (company closed or health issues by the employee)
- attract no taxes if the employee withdraws his money before 5 years.
- 5. before 5 years pf withdrawal is taxable according to the income tax slab. it amount has been added to the overall income of the year and returns file accordingly.
- 6. if the pf amount claimed under section 80 c it will be taxed as salary and the interest on pf should be claimed as income from other sources.
- 7. income tax on pf interest will be applied if the employment is not continued.so we have to withdraw pf amount after 2 months employment to avoid tax on pf interest or continue to earn more accumulated interest based on your tax slab.
- 8. partial withdrawal: available for marriage/home/loan/illness/unemployment some portion your pf amount based on requirement should be applied online or offline.
here is the list of Epfo UAN services for further help
- EPF balance,
- UAn Status,
- UAn Registration,
- Epfo claim status,
- Automatic Pf transfer,
- Pf withdrawal
- UAN Passbook
- PPF Account,
- VPF Account.
- UAN member services